A little about Wanderlightly
Hi, I’m Sarah, the face behind Wanderlightly. I am a passionate environmentalist & low-waste educator.
My personal journey has led me to discover many pathways to living lightly & reducing waste, & I’m committed to sharing those lessons with others.
I have created a series of DIY workshops, so you can make your own natural personal & cleaning products, & learn how to live low-tox & low-waste.
I also personally make a range of small-batch natural products that you can purchase through my online shop wanderlightly.com
What will I learn?
Would you like to reduce your waste footprint using easy low-waste, low-tox solutions?
Whether you want a healthier home or better personal health, or you care about the health of our planet, you will find it is easier than you think to ditch the nasty chemicals & reduce single-use plastic with this 30 day easy to follow program.
With 4 modules that focus on one key area per week to fit with your means, ability, energy, access & time, you will be reducing your waste in no time!
We look at reducing our packaging waste through healthier shopping practices, our food waste by being more mindful in the kitchen & tackling our toxic load in the home, bathroom & cleaning by choosing better.
With weekly online workshops, a comprehensive guide for each module & over 50 DIY recipes from home cleaning to creating gorgeous healthy skin food products that nourish both yourself & family you will feel supported every step of the way.
I began my Wanderlightly journey like you, with a seed of intention to create positive change, & I’m thrilled to share with you the lessons I have learnt along the way.
With 6 years & over 100 workshops completed I have created this program to help you have the biggest impact you can.
The small changes you make today will have a huge impact on our future, both to you personally & to the health of our planet & I look forward to sharing that journey with you!
Low Waste Shopping
We look at new ways to shop that help you will less plastic & packaging into your home. We see where you can make the most impact when shopping both locally & online, & work towards reducing your waste-load on the environment.
Diverting your Kitchen waste
Food left to rot in landfill releases greenhouse gases. That’s wasted water, land, energy, labour, money & of course love. In this module, we look at reducing our kitchen waste repurposing our waste & treating our resources mindfully.
Natural Cleaning & Bathroom
We accumulate a lot of personal care & cleaning products in our cupboards that contain some serious chemicals that we should avoid using on ourselves & our families. Learn how to make healthy choices & lower your toxic load with these 2 modules.
- Divert your waste guide
- Why is food waste an issue? - video (1:09)
- Shopping to reduce your waste - video (2:45)
- Reduce your waste through food storage - video (4:08)
- Kitchen scrap recipes
- 5 R's - Regrow - video (1:49)
- 5 R's - Repurpose - video (0:27)
- 5 R's - Revive - video (1:03)
- 5 R's - Rot - video (2:20)
- 5 R's - Recycle - video (4:13)
- Recording of Online session - video (62:47)
- DIY - Repurposed Coffee body scrub - video (4:24)
- DIY - Scrap stock - video (4:28)
- DIY - Scrappy Pesto - video (4:13)
- DIY - Infused oils - video (3:01)
- DIY - Plant food - video (1:33)
- Green your Cleaning guide
- Green your Clean DIY recipes
- Why you want to go natural - video (5:26)
- DIY - All purpose spray - video (2:39)
- DIY - Banksia seed pod freshner - video (1:39)
- DIY - Carpet Deodoriser - video (1:35)
- DIY - Citrus & Rosemary Scrap cleaner - video (3:57)
- DIY - Clothing extender - video (1:28)
- DIY - Clothing Soak - video (2:00)
- DIY - Dishwasher Tablets - video (4:59)
- DIY - Eucalyptus cream paste - video (3:08)
- DIY - Glass Chrome & Mirror cleaner - video (1:24)
- DIY - Herbal fabric softener - video (1:53)
- DIY - Laundry Powder - video (2:12)
- DIY - Loo cleaning gremlins - video (3:08)
- DIY - Mould remover & spray - video (2:36)
- DIY - Quick Laundry Powder - video (2:34)
- DIY - Wood polish - video (1:36)
- DIY - Wool Wash - video (1:21)